I’m feeling more and more like that dog Doug in the movie “Up.” I start on a project and things are going well when suddenly a new idea (sort of like a squirrel) runs through my brain and I am instantly distracted.
But yesterday, as I admired the flowers blooming in the front, comparing so much color and beauty to our small start two years ago…
I decided to also catalog the laundry list of projects I currently have going. Take a look…
This broken shovel and old cast iron skillet were both heavily rusted. I’ll put on three more coats of blackboard paint and then write with a white Gelly Roll on these pieces and seal it with a clear indoor/outdoor gloss. I think I will put the cast iron at the front door with “Welcome” written on it, or possibly “Built in 1899” and the shovel I might put near the herb garden, mounted on the fence.
I’ve begun working on this future tree swing, adding “Let’s Go Fly A Kite” from a Mary Poppins song (and as a tip of the hat to the lunatic neighbor who will see it from his vantage point).
Once I finish with the Zentangle patterns I will seal it with that indoor/outdoor gloss and Dave will drill holes for the chain and bolts.
I need to add these to the outside of the chicken coop. I’m considering having the smaller one say “Cluck On” or “Chick-Inn.” Anyone have any good suggestions for this?
This is an old headboard from the Cottage. I’m going to paint it white, and then add “The Deadly Nightshade Urban Farm” to it. I’m hoping to have it done in time for the Urban Grown Tour!
I originally purchased this door from Habitat for Humanity with the intention of cutting it in half and sticking it up at the tops of my wall-mounted cabinets in the kitchen (thanks Megan G. for that suggestion), but then I realized I could make it into a headboard for my king-size bed.
I have some lovely slate blue paint I want to use for the project. That, combined with a couple of 2×4’s, then mounting the whole thing to the wall and I think I will be all set!
I bought FOUR old crates and boxes for $15 through Craig’s List from this charming gentleman the other day. He had been storing them in his basement for some 40 years and needed to get rid of them.
I’m planning on getting Dave to mount this and possibly one other in the utility room on the wall where there is a bump in, from the internal chimney used by the now long gone summer kitchen in the basement. The other box has no lid, but it does have a spot for a shelf. Perhaps display items? Or a bookshelf? We will see.
I am still working on fairy gardens…lots of them. Here is a tiny one made with a little gourd house and some lovely flowers my neighbor Michelle gave me. Thanks Michelle!
Michelle also gave me this great bird’s nest. The babies flew the coop a week ago and she asked me if I would like it. “Yes!” I replied immediately. Now what to do with it…hmm…
Here is another fairy garden I put together easy peasy with a tiny ceramic house, a seashell for the “pond”, some moss from Dollar Tree and more of those adorable little flowering plants from my neighbor Michelle.
When we installed the dog fence, some of the posts had decorative tops to them and others did not. In the interest of it all looking the same, we cut off the decorative tops. And they have sat around, waiting for me to get some inspiration ever since.
I’ve also desperately needed hose guards to control where my hose goes when I pull it around to different areas of the yard, trying not to smash all of my lovely plants and flowers.
This one I had even painted, with the thought of taking a bunch of these, painting them different colors with windows and doors on them and turning them into a “lost fairy city.” Instead, I might create a fairy garden right here…maybe…
This is some heavy cast iron rod. I shoved it into the ground and set the solar light on top of it. I’ll probably need to glue it in place with some E6000 glue to make sure it doesn’t fall off.
I convinced my dear hubby to drill into the plaster and brick to hang these babies on the west wall of my kitchen…
And the bigger spices are held in these jars with lids I painted black and then labeled…
This project is almost done. I need to put in small wood ‘bumpers’ to prevent the big jars from rolling and falling off.
And now for a flowery finish. Literally. Here is everything currently in bloom.