I realized, while watching one of my hens yesterday, that I need to be more like them.
A bird brained idiot that stands out in the rain, getting wet, and doesn’t know when to just give up on grapes and head for shelter?
Well, no, not that part of my chickens. What I’m talking about is their proud demeanor after laying an egg. They leave the chicken house, strutting and talking, warbling with pride. “Guess what I just did,” they say, “I just laid…an…egg. How cool is that? Me!”
Every day, they announce it, just as pleased as punch with themselves. It doesn’t seem to get old, their delight in producing an egg is evident, each and every time.
Let’s face it, hens are masters at self-promotion.
And so shall I become.
A couple of weeks ago I posted an announcement that my book, “War’s End” was now in print. I’m happy to announce that I have improved the layout of the book, and it’s size (thanks to a different font), and the price of the trade paperback is now only $11.99 (far less than most trade paperbacks on the market).
And now I’m going to list the reasons why you should buy either the paperback ($11.99 + shipping) or a download of the e-book (just $3.99).
- War’s End is not just ‘some fiction book’ – it suggests a very real scenario as to how our country could look in a few years if this economic crisis continues.
- I worked really hard on it!
- War’s End includes information on wild edibles. Look around you, food is everywhere.
- I could really use the money.
- War’s End has it all – life, death, love, hate, an exploration into the heart of evil, and the reality of simple companionship and love that transcends simple family ties.
- I’m writing Book 2 as we speak, so you will miss out if you don’t read Book 1 first!
- With the proceeds I get from these sales I plan on printing a small run and then offering them in local bookstores.
- Who wouldn’t want a book written by a local author (or one you know)? I’m available for autographs!
In the end, I need to prove some naysayers wrong, and I would appreciate your help. There are some who will tell you that self-published authors are ‘no good’ and that is why they choose self-publishing. I am here to tell you about another reason, one that is far more valid.
This book needs to be read. By as many people as possible, as soon as possible. That is why I chose self-publication. I didn’t want to wait. I didn’t want to finally get accepted by an agent, then get shopped and accepted to a publisher, and then wait another year after that for it to be published. Heck, it took me long enough to write, who wants to wait another 18 months or more?
I don’t want to wait a single minute more for others to be able to read this book. If for no other reason than it is a frightening glimpse of what could happen (and which I dearly hope does not). It is also a literary thumbs up to all of those DIY, sustainability, recycling, self-educating, survivalist-in-training people who believe in freedom, justice and the real American way (you know, the one that we have left behind).
So call me a hen and heed my clucking. Please buy the book. I’ll even sweeten the deal. If you buy it, read it, and absolutely do not like it, I’ll buy the book back from you at full purchase price.
Here is the link.
And here is a preview…
p.s. Good or bad, I want to hear from you. Through the review site on Lulu.com, through the Contact Me page or here in the comments. What did you think of the book? And now, spread the word! Let’s makes this viral!
[walks away…strutting and clucking]