This is such a simple, yet decadent, dessert!
Better yet, make a fruit shrub and then use the mashed fruit to make this cobbler. The lingering sharp taste of the vinegar in the fruit gives this recipe even more of a delicious edge.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk (or go decadent and use 1/2 & 1/2 or heavy cream)
- 2 cups fruit (pitted stone fruit or berries)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the butter in a 9×13 inch baking dish, and place in the oven to melt while the oven is preheating. Remove as soon as the butter has melted, about five minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar and the baking powder. Mix in the milk until well blended, then pour the batter into the pan over the butter. Do not stir.
- Rinse out the bowl from the batter and dry. Place fruit into the bowl, toss with the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp of flour. Distribute the fruit mixture evenly over the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the cobbler should come out clean.
This is a seriously yummy recipe!!!