- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce (we use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1 cup of orange marmalade
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Combine the barbecue sauce, marmalade, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder in a saucepan on the stove and place it over medium-low heat to heat.
- Begin heating a thin layer of vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Place the cubed chicken in batches in the egg and then roll them in the cornstarch and flour mixture and place them on a plate.
- When the oil is hot, cook the chicken until well-browned on each side, about 3-5 minutes each. Place them on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- Combine the sauce and the cooked chicken and serve over rice.