Keto (sort of) Zuppa Toscana Soup
This is a hearty soup full of zip and flavor. It’s perfect for a snowy winter’s day!
I adapted it from a recipe online and added beans, a no-no for it to be keto, so you can leave those out if you like. Or live on the knife’s edge and leave them in like I did!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds of sausage (I used a mix of spicy and mild Italian sausage)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans of Northern beans (optional)
- 6 cups of kale, ripped into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Saute onion and sausage in a Dutch oven or soup pot on medium-high heat in a few tablespoons of oil or butter until the meat is thoroughly cooked and the onions are translucent. Add the broth and rest of the ingredients, cover and cook for 20 minutes on medium. Reduce heat to low for half an hour more. Serve.